The Auctioneers Group prides ourselves on conducting auctions in a crowd friendly, entertaining and effective manner. We want to make the auction buying process as easy as possible by providing our bidders with the basic information needed to bid.
The Auctioneers Group Basic Bidder Information:
- All bidders must be registered and issued a Bidder Number in order to bid.
- Please make sure you read and understand all the terms & conditions included in the bidder’s packet.
- We urge all bidders to inspect all items you are planning on purchasing before bidding.
- All Online Bidders will be required to complete a credit card authorization form and email or fax a signed copy back. A representative from The Auctioneers Group will then call for credit card information to complete the online bidder registration process.
- Please feel free to ask any of The Auctioneers Group staff if you have any questions.
How to Register to Bid? … It’s Easy
ONLINE BIDDING PROCEDURES:
You may register online by visiting the “Online Auctions” section on our website at: http://www.theauctioneersgroup.com/online-auctions/
Step 1: If you already have an online account with us, please click the “Login” button and put in your username and password. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ONLINE ACCOUNT WITH US, PLEASE CLICK THE “SIGN UP” BUTTON TO CREATE ONE.
Step 2: Once you have an account please click “REQUEST TO BID” then read and accept the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
Step 3: Once we receive your bid request, we will email you Bidder Approval and Credit Card Authorization Forms. Please send forms back 24-48 hours prior to the auction.
Step 4: After you return the Credit Card Authorization Forms, a representative from our company will call you for your credit card information so that we may place an authorized hold on your account. (PLEASE NOTE: YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED AT THIS TIME). Authorized hold amounts vary per auction but may range from $1,000 to $10,000 depending on the auction.
Step 5: After the online terms & conditions have been read and accepted and the authorized hold is placed on your credit card, we will approve your request to bid.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have now completed the online auction registration process and are ready to bid! GOOD LUCK!
(Please Note: If you are not a successful bidder, the hold will be released within 72 hours of the auction closing. If you are a successful bidder, at the end of the auction you will be emailed an auction invoice with payment instructions, once we receive payment, the authorized hold will be removed. Please see auction terms & conditions for more information).
LIVE ON-SITE BIDDING PROCEDURES:
You may register to bid in person in advance during any of our auction preview times and in person on the day of the auction.
Step 1: In-person registration requires:
- A driver’s license or a business card (for ID & to fill out the information on the bidder card)
- A $100 cash REFUNDABLE deposit to be posted OR a check w/acceptable bank letter of guarantee.
Step 2: Once registered, you will be asked to sign acknowledgment of the auction terms & conditions, which are provided on our website, at inspections and on auction day.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have now completed the auction registration process and will be handed your bidder card! GOOD LUCK!
(Please Note: If you do not purchase anything, your $100 deposit will be refunded immediately. Go to the registration table, turn in your bidder card and get your $100 refund. If you do purchase something, your initial $100 deposit will be credited on your invoice).
The Auctioneers Group Payment Information*:
- The Auctioneers Group requires a 25% running deposit on all purchases the day of the sale.
- All purchases must be paid in full by the next business day.
- We accept cash, business or personal checks (with a bank letter of guarantee, see sample below), certified checks, and wire transfers.
- We accept all major credit cards for final payment only. There will be a 3% fee applied
to invoices paid with a credit card.
- All payments will be made to The Auctioneers Group in US Funds
*Unless Otherwise Stated in auction terms & conditions.
Sample Bank Letter of Guarantee
1. MUST BE WRITTEN ON BANK STATIONARY
2. MUST BE SIGNED BY BANK OFFICER OR AUTHORIZED BANK PERSONAL
Please be advised that _____(Bank Name)_____, will unconditionally guarantee funds drawn on ____(Customer Name & Account Number)___ and payable to The Auctioneers Group, for an auction on _____(date of auction)___ up to the amount of $___________.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU A CHECK THAT HAS A CORRESPONDING ACCOUNT # ON IT. A CHECK THAT HAS A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT # THAN LISTED IN THE LETTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The Auctioneers Group Basic Terms & Conditions:
- INSPECTION & PREVIEW DAYS: 1 to 2 prior to the auction day and/or 1 hour prior to bidding. See specific terms & conditions or contact The Auctioneers Group for specific dates & times.
- BUYER’S PREMIUM: Please see the terms & conditions for the specific auction you are interested in, as buyer’s premium may change per auction. Buyer’s Premium is paid by the buyer. Online Bidders pay an additional internet fee.
- CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED FOR FINAL PAYMENT ONLY. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF 3% ADDED TO THE INVOICES PAID BY CREDIT CARD.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED BY DATE ANNOUNCED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE AUCTION AND/OR STATED IN THE TERMS & CONDITIONS. STORAGE FEES MAY APPLY AFTER THIS DATE.
- PAYMENT PROCEDURES: A running 25% deposit is kept during the auction by cash, cashier’s check or certified funds. Full payment is due by the following business day. (Unless otherwise stated). If payment is made by personal or company check, you must have a current bank letter of guarantee made out to The Auctioneers Group.
- Online Bidders are required to fill out a credit card authorization form and e-mail or fax back to The Auctioneers Group. Please return forms 24 to 48 hours prior to auction day.
- Sales tax will be charged when applicable.
- SALES TAX EXEMPTIONS: Buyers with a VALID exemption certificate are not required to pay sales tax for equipment and miscellaneous, but MUST present a copy of their certificate at time of registration at EACH SALE.
- EXPORTERS: If you take possession of your purchase in the United States, you must pay sales tax. You must provide the following in order not to be charged: Bill of Lading – All export purchases must be removed by a trucking company. The trucking company will provide a Bill of Lading with the purchases listed. NOTE: No items will be released without this document or you may pay tax and be reimbursed once the Bill of Lading or a Dock Receipt is received.
The Auctioneers Group Disclosures:
- Announcements made on auction day by auctioneer supersede all printed material and advertising.
- All items may be subject to additions or deletions.
- Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any bid or bidder.
- All items are sold AS IS/ WHERE IS. No warranties or guarantees. We urge all bidders to inspect all items before you bid. If you have any questions, please ask prior to the sale.
Please see complete Terms & Conditions for the specific auction you are interested in.